2nd booster now available for over 65 and under 65 if immunocompromised. It must be at least 4 months since your last vaccination or since you had Covid-19.
Vaccine roll out has begun in Clifden Medical Practice.We are currently vaccinating the over 70s.
Recent announcements from the HSE has advised that patient between 60-69 years need to register their interest in vaccination at the following HSE online portal .https://vaccine.hse.ie
Further information is also available at hse.ie.
Those between the ages of 18-59 AND who fall into the category of cohort 4a and 7 ,they will be contacted by our practice and invited for vaccination Please see www2.hse.ie for details.
Useful web addresses
1.How to protect yourself and others – https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html
2.Posters for cough etiquette for your school or business – https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/posters/Secondary%20English.pdf
3. Coronavirus and pregnancy – https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-pregnancy.html
4. Restricted movements and isolation – https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/self-isolation-and-limited-social-interaction.html
5. Patient information sheet for self isolation – https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/selfisolationathome/Patient%20information%20sheet%20for%20self-%20isolation%20%20V2.1.pdf
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and the rising numbers of cases, we ask that all patients who are unwell with a cold or flu like illness (i.e. cough/fever/shortness of breath/headache/aches and pains/sore throat) not to enter the practice without first telephoning Clifden Medical Practice and being assessed over the phone by one of our clinical staff. It is a necessary assessment to protect all other patients from possible cross contamination. Please review up to date guidance on COVID-19 on the hpsc.ie website.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic we ask that all patients who:
- are unwell with a cough, fever or shortness of breath AND
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) OR
- travelled from an area of high risk (Northern Italy/ Iran/ China/Hong Kong/Singapore/South Korea)
to please contact us by telephone on 095- 21224 before arriving to the clinic. We ask all our patients to keep themselves informed on the latest public health advice from hpsc.ie
Due to the recent increased uptake of smear tests, we have been advised by Cervical Check that results are currently taking upwards of 27 weeks to come back from the date you have your smear test.
You can find more information about your smear results here:
2019 Seasonal Flu Vaccination now available at Clifden Medical Practice. All patients over the age of 65 and certain patients with chronic illness (i.e. heart failure, asthma, COAD, diabetes, ETC) are entitled to this free of charge.